Title / Position: Structural Engineer
(Offshore Structural Engineer who has strong Structural engineering skills in Design of Marine and Offshore Rigs)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineer/ BTech / MTech or Naval architect
- Should be expertise in Basic Engineering, Detailed Engineering, Material Take-off, Preparation of technical specification documents for project tasks
- Should be conversant with the major international codes used in marine & offshore rigs
- Understanding customer requirements and work closely with the all engineering teams from technology development / concept development
- Estimating the project timelines and complete assigned projects on time with adhering to engineering standards & Process
- Coordinate well with interdisciplinary disciplines as well as with Clients and Vendors.
- Participate and present with critical design changes & concept reviews, other technical discussion with engineering team
- Prepare list of deliverables with manhour estimation for performing project tasks.
- Should have skill and experience in below areas
- Perform structural Finite Element analysis using industry standard softwares Viz. ANSYS, SACS / STAAD
- Reporting suitable for Class submittal (ABS, DNV)
- Engineering changes with Deck extensions of offshore platforms. perform feasibility checks with deck extensions, Preparation of Weight Report.
- Pad eye design and qualification
- Deck load calculation, preparation of the spreadsheets for the engineering calculations
- Foundation analyses
- Work on the engineering / design changes in Platform, bridge access, stair tower design and qualification
- Perform Beam-clamp pad eye design and qualification
- Perform Scantling checks
- Perform Buckling analysis
- Analysis, design & detailing of Flare boom restraints, support structure, cross access structures, cable tray supports, flare pipe supports, etc.
- Accommodations expansion / Temporary Living Quarters addition
- Lift analysis / rigging specification, Check feasibility for lifting, collaborate with other disciplines and clients for making decisions in design changes & its solutions
- Detailing of structural connection details & steel fabrication drawings.
- Preparing technical specifications for structural and outfitting material for procurement
- Weld specification (size and type)
- Weld procedure review
- Material substitution review
Should have expertise in below technical softwares.
- SACS – Must have skills to work on it
- STAAD Pro